Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sandhill Cranes

Alan was excited to draw out on a youth crane hunt. He received 3 tags. So with an early morning start- he had to be to the refuge by 4:30 a.m. but he informed me he would be too excited to sleep anyway-he was off to cross another critter off his hit list.

Dave was hoping he would be happy with just one bird but no such luck. By 7:30 a.m. he had successfully gotten all 3. On Sunday we enjoyed sandhill crane stew and on Monday we pigged out on sandhill crane fajitas.

We plan to share the wealth with the next two when we come home for Thanksgiving so if you want to try some let us know. Who wants turkey anyway when they could have such a delicacy?

3 comments:

The Ballard's said...

Mike wants some!! He was so excited for Alan. See you soon:)

Fox said...

Either Alan got smaller or those are really big birds.

Jenilyn said...

I don't know if I'm gutsy enough to try it... we'll see. (I'm a beef and chicken kind of girl)