Thursday, July 22, 2010

RaTTle SNaKes

We went to see the rattlesnake museum in Old Town. It is a tourist trap thing but it does have some good information. There are a lot of snakes in New Mexico. As we were leaving I heard a lady say "Why would I want to go in there? I see enough snakes in my backyard."


Notice this snake only has the diamond pattern down part of his back. The one next to it (same kind) did not have the stripe pattern at all. Who knew snakes could be so individualized.




5 comments:

The Ballard's said...

Tell me the bars in the top picture are not the only thing holding that snake in there... I am guessing the bars are like a jungle gym for him?? Cool pictures. I hate snakes, but the different pattern, who knew. Alan is proably loving all of these adventures while your other boys get "food poisoning" at Granny's:)

Fox said...

I know that grandma doesn't look at your blog so I will do it for her... (with a sour face) o' those things are awful, just awful.

Braden and Annie said...

Loved the impression of Gram, Lindsey! I thought the same thing about the bars when I first saw them and then thought to myself that couldn't be all they had to keep it away from people. I've never heard of a museum of snakes JUST snakes, sounds interesting. I would not like them to be living in my back yard but then again, I have bats and mice!
P.S. I don't really have bats anymore, I know you'd be worried if I did so I thought I'd tell you. But they put up little vent covers so they can't get in anymore. :)

Donna said...

Wow! I am so jealous. I would love to go to this place. One day I want to go to Rattle Snake Round Up, they have it every spring somewhere in Texas.
I don't know how I would feel about them in my back yard. Does make the creatures I encounter at night in my neighborhood a little (just a little though) scary.
Have you ever seen those rat tails on opossum? ICK. And raccoons will hunt you down and feed you to their kits if you are a small dog. Who knew living in the city could be so dangerous!
Blogging could be fun this is my first real comment.

Rogers said...

Caden would love this place!! I would definately rather see them there than in someones backyard. I guess I know where we will be going when we come visit :)