Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cibola National Forrest

Today we went to the Cibola National Forrest looking for butterflies.





This is what we saw.








And then this.










There is high bear activity in the area right now. I was glad we were in the car and not hiking. Can you believe we were the only car that stopped to look? That doesn't happen in Yellowstone.
Did you know that New Mexico is the state that Smokey Bear was from before he headed off to Washington D.C.?




5 comments:

Jenilyn said...

Umm HOLY COW! That is awesome! I'm really glad you were in the car instead of hiking!

Rogers said...

Very cool. You're right, if you were in Yellowstone it would have caused a traffic jam.

Westergard Family said...

hey i have just discovered your blog, it is good to see you!!

Braden and Annie said...

Ok so your couches look really good. I'm not all into the bug thing but that's good that Alan is finding and catching ones he wants. You are such a good mom to help with that! And the bear, awesome! They are so neat to see and watch. Were people just not there, or are they not interested in seeing a bear?? Sounds like you guys are keeping busy. With all that you've done in such a short time, I hope you don't run out of things to do too fast. ;)

Gwyl said...

Looking for butterflies and finding a bear. That's pretty cool.