Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lucky Me

This is an Indian Head Nickel. I am fortunate to have 2 of them. One I acquired as a small child. My parents gave me a big red dog bank. My Dad would give me money to feed my dog when he was hungry. When my Dad was not around and my dog got hungry I would have to scrounge up some money on my own. Apparently I did pretty well for a 3 year old.


Alan's first scout activity in New Mexico was a court of honor. They gave awards for most complete uniform. I guess Alan got this as a welcome gesture because he did not wear a scout shirt. Turns out he wanted me to have it. He left it in the washer as a tip for me doing his laundry. Thanks Jerry and Alan.

2 comments:

Blaser Family said...

Too bad your hungry dog is in Smithfield.

Emilee Keyes said...

I love laundry tips....unfortunately I have never found an indian nickel. L.U.C.K.Y.!