Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Damsel Daze

Alan decided we should go catch damsel flies on Monday. He had seen some cool ones at Cochiti Reservoir but only had fishing gear; no bug stuff. Even at that he still managed to catch one with his hands. The kid is either fast or determined.


This what he is after. The Ruby Spot Damsel Fly.


Starting out with high hopes.


You might want to know that I am poor help. I smashed the first one's wing in the jar and the second one's head--same way. They were fiesty creatures who preferred to be free. To compensate I did catch 2 other kinds of bugs. It was a successful trip but now he has to pin all of them.

Jamie will be so proud. We sure did miss her on our bug trip.



1 comment:

Blaser Family said...

Looks like Alan cought quite a few even though some had a hard time. Alan did a good job pinning.