Monday, June 21, 2010

On Saturday we went to Bosque Del Apache. It is a Federal bird refuge. They were having a butterfly walk and lecture. Somebody forgot to invite the butterflies though. Despite the lack of butterflies we enjoyed what we did see. There were lots of quail with their little chicks. Dave took his new quail call and enjoyed practicing calling them and having them answer back.

There were a lot of hummingbirds too. Next month they are catching them and banding them. Alan wants to plan to go and participate in that too.



Besides turtles and birds we also saw big bull frogs. It was the first time I have heard them. They make a very deep sound.








And finally Wiley Coyote! We saw a roadrunner too but just like in the cartoon he was too fast for me to get my camera out and on. On the other hand I got 3 pictures of the coyote. So if you have seen this cartoon you now know where I live. The desert with table lands and gorges accompanied by coyotes and road runners.


2 comments:

Blaser Family said...

Sorry the butterflies didn't make it to the part. Keep looking.

Jenilyn said...

I would've liked to have seen a picture of a bullfrog... if you run across anymore snap a pict :)Sorry about the furniture, that's terrible!