Years ago when we were driving through Nevada I checked the map for the closest ghost town to the road that we were traveling on. When I found one not to far away Dave and I headed off to see it. We were traveling with his family on this adventure so 2 cars were involved. As a precaution we checked the mileage as we left the main road so we would know if we had missed it and needed to turn around. As we got close to what we thought was a ghost town, warning signs started to appear. They had such advice as "do not enter," "blasting ahead," "danger," "hard hat area." I was sure that it was all part of the old mining ghost town props. Not so. Real Mine. Real Danger. Not happy people to greet us at our destination. Car trouble on the way back to the highway. Bad experience all the way around. But what a great hubby I have. Twenty years later he remembers that I like ghost towns and so we went to one while in AZ. We even got to go on the mine tour. It is the first one that I have ever been on. That was a thought provoking experience for me. Makes me want to count my blessings.

Everyone sitting around in the shade. Arizona was plenty warm.

Did I mention that I was amazed by these plants. Also I love smart phones-we looked up all kinds of info on cacti while we were out driving. Made me think of my Dad. He would have loved having an encyclopedia in his pocket even more than I do. Also talking about the honey-dipper on the mine tour made me think of my Dad. It must be a term that I have heard him use. It is the guy who pushes the honey pot through the mine. The honey pot was the toilet. Did that make you think of something my Dad would say too?
No comments:
Post a Comment