Friday, September 30, 2011

A little family time

Alan enjoys bowling so we try to go for a family activity every so often. The rule has always been "get a spare earn an ice cream cone; get a strike earn a milkshake."  I have found you have to bowl quite often to stay on top of your game and to keep improving.

 Alan is sure that the lights and music affect his score. He does best with the disco ball and some rock and roll going. Dave agrees with this adding, neighbors bowling in the next lane impact his score for the worse.
I got a chuckle out of Alan's observation last time we went bowling.  He noticed that Dave always earns the extra ball at the end of the game.  I laughed because I had realized this years ago.  Dave wanted to know why I was laughing.  His explanation "too much of an advantage to give it up."      He never chokes under pressure.


Alas, there is little hope for me.

No comments: