I think this is a beautiful site. It reminds me of a fresh morning snowstorm at home in Utah. In reality it is sand and 110 degrees outside.

As the wind blows and shifts the sand the road has to be plowed just like the snow at home.

At the visitor's center you can buy a toboggan for $10.00 to use to slide down the hills. You also need a chunk of wax for the bottom of the disc. When you are done with your fun and games they will buy the toboggan back for $3.00.

With everything being white you really lose depth perception. The hills are very steep though. Climbing them in the heat was a real chore.

The sand is cool. It is made of gypsum and does not retain heat. If you get down a couple of inches it is very cool.

I told the kids we had to slide down the hill at least 7 times so the rides would only be a dollar a piece. I would love to go here again. I think October would be nice with cooler temperatures and low winds. Some people had a kite that they were flying. That would be fun too. Maybe the girls will come and we can play in the sand.
1 comment:
That is crazy I really did think it was snow.
Post a Comment