Welcome to the Botanical Gardens. It is part of Albuquerque's Bio-Park, whick includes the zoo, aquarium, and butterfly house.

Poor Sierra is just not quite tall enough for this picture.

Who is that sneaking a ride in Sierra's stroller? It has been a long day, we have been in the aquarium all morning and it is getting pretty hot.

Sierra loved this slide. I knew she would the moment I saw the steps for it. They are rocky and look treacherous enough to be natural. The slide is slow and she had to use her feet to get herself to the bottom, I think she liked that feature also. She came out giggling every time and said "again" and she would climb up again.

We are all looking at bullfrogs (see post for Jenilyn). This reminded me of the story of the princess and the frog. The gardens are storybook like and that princess could have had her pick of frogs. My mother made sure I was well versed in fairy tales. My father taught me nursery rhymes.

I love minatures of all kinds, so the train gardens caught my attention. I post the Thomas train because I know he is the most beloved train-I think he has passed Casey Jr. There were several trains with lots of track, all with a New Mexico flare. Check it out when you come to visit us.
2 comments:
Those two grand daughters sure like those kinds of outings. Fun things to see and fun things to do.
Bret sent me a couple of photos of the trains from his phone. Sure looks like a pretty fun place to spend some time and relax.
I loved the gardens. I am excited to go see the spiders next time. Be sure to take Grandma Anderson to the gardens.
Post a Comment