Friday, September 3, 2010

Soda Dam

Soda Dam is created by the hot springs that have melted minerals and deposits meeting up with the cold water that resolidifies them.

Maren and Alan checking out the cave.

The inside is cool to see. The pictures don't do it justice because you can't get a wide enough view.

Looking down from inside. This is just behind where Maren and Alan were sitting in the second picture.

Alan enjoying a soda on Soda Dam.

Maren enjoying her soda on Soda Dam. I remember my Dad and Grandpa taking me to Soda Springs, Idaho to get a soda water. Boy was I disappointed. Wished they had bought me a real soda to bring.

This is the water as it goes through the dam. Not much room left for it to squeeze through.

This is the river after it is through the dam.

Maren across the road where the hot spring comes out of the ground. I am not sure how many hot springs there are. I can't imagine that this little one created that huge rock formation.

The thing that I like best about Soda Dam is that it is all very hands on. There are no rules or regulations yet. It is right on the road and access is very easy.

No comments: