Dave and I had a practice run at being empty nesters when we left Alan in Utah. Wow it has been so long that it has been just the 2 of us that I can hardly remember those days. Between my work schedule and his long days we did manage to do some fun things.
This national monument is right here in Albuquerque. I have put off going here because I heard there are quite a few snakes here. Thankfully we did not see any snakes. We did see a lot of wildlife in addition to the petroglyphs.

This is a cotton tail. Rabbits are vermin here. Open season on them year round. They carry the plague.

This is a scaled quail. We saw several of them. I think it looks like they have a mohawk.

This is a black-eared jack rabbit. He reminded me of a dear with his big ears bounding through the bushes.

More petroglyphs. There were a ton of them all along the rocks. It reminded me of all of the graffiti at the cement factory along I 15 going to Tremonton. Maybe in 100's of years scientist will be trying to figure out the meaning of our graffiti.

We could call in on our cell phone to hear a spiel at each of the sites. Some of the sites descriptions were a stretch for my imagination. Wonder how they came up with their explanations.
No comments:
Post a Comment