Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Sight for Sore Eyes

After nearly 5 weeks Alan came back to New Mexico. Dave was not sure that he would come back home. I new he would. I was so happy to see him. He even allowed me a hug and a quick kiss. I missed my boy.
In honor of Alan's return we planned a welcome home party. Dave chose the theme for it. It was "doves."
I bought Dove chocolates-Alan loves them, and made dove tags for them. On the back I wrote "It is DOVELY to have you home again." Cheesey I know but it is what I had to work with.
Dave bought him a mojo dove. It is an amazing mechanical decoy and mourning dove season opens in 3 week; Alan's favorite day of the year.
To top it all off we had bbq dove for dinner. I thought we should finish off last year's birds before they started bringing home any more.
Alan likes his dinner just not having his picture taken.

1 comment:

Braden and Annie said...

I bet Alan was excited to get home, but it was fun having him up camping with us! The dove party was a cute idea, I know all about the anticipation of waiting for the hunt to begin! Braden was kinda bummed he couldn't come that weekend so he may be inviting himself another time!