Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Spending a day with Mom

Steven was kind enough to come to Albuquerque so I would have someone to ride home with me.  I had a couple of errands that needed to be taken care of in Utah.  I planned to be home for 3 days.  I had one day to spend with my mom, one day to spend with Jamie and her family, and one day to spend with the boys.  This was the activity  that Grandma and I did.  She had 3 bushel of tomatoes for me to juice.   
It was a pretty good day.  I got 61 quarts of juice.  I was glad of that because I only had 2 left and that is because they were in Utah.  I figure I have my 2 year supply now.   



 I am grateful that after growing them all summer my mom would give them to me.  I am also glad that she was willing to have the mess at her house.  It really made it possible for me to be able to tackle such a big project with limited time. I am glad she doesn't mind cleaning her kitchen because canning is messy or maybe that is just my perception of her.  I chuckle when my kids tell me their perception of me and it doesn't really match my feelings.  You know like the time in 3rd grade Kevin when Kevin filled out a survey about his mom and he said my hobby was housework.  Actually now that I am older I can admit that he was right about that but at the time it seemed more of a necessity than a desire.

A good day's work.  Thanks Mom.  I should note that after canning we went to the fabric store to get her stocked up on supplies for her quilting projects.

No comments: