Sunday, October 31, 2010

And Then...

After balloon fiesta we took a ride to the Jemez Mountains. This was a good opportunity for some people to have a nap and recover from getting up so early.
The mountains are pretty here but they are different than in Utah.

Who doesn't love a good pile of dirt, a couple of rocks and a stick or two?


After the long ride it felt good to get out and stretch and hike around.


Grandma's Girl!


We love having company and getting to spend time with everyone.

What a view.


Alan wishing he had his fishing pole.

After the hike we had a hot dog roast, I am not sure fires are allowed so I was stressing out. If something goes horribly wrong you are going to get caught and it is not going to be good. The whole mountain is dry pine needles-perfect tinder. I don't think they would buy my line about not seeing the sign (which I didn't) but I'm pretty sure they were there earlier in the year. Bret was a very good son-in-law/fireman and tended the fire carefully. Did I mention there was no water to put the fire out with? Very stressful to me.

1 comment:

Fox said...

hey you have a lot of company. Your a lucky lady.