Sunday, October 31, 2010

Out of her comfort zone

After much begging and pleading she agreed to come visit. And even though she was on vacation she wanted to do the same things she does at home. To ensure this she bought enough projects to last a month. I just smiled and obliged and told her it looked to me like she planned to come 2 or 3 more times.

The quilt takes up the whole room. We had to move the furniture to accommodate the project.


All together we made 3 quilts and shopped for a fourth one.


We talked her into making scones and bread. She brought her own yeast, flour, and bowl. This was a safe idea because I have trouble with my recipes turning out here. I have just about decided it is because I have to buy different brands than what I have been using for the last 30 years.

We did get her out of the house to see an Imax movie at the natural history museum and enjoy an old fashioned milk shake on Route 66.



And no trip to Albuquerque is complete with out a trip to the peak whether you drive or take the tram. She opted to drive. The leaves were beautiful. It was a good autumn trip.



3 comments:

The Ballard's said...

She was quite pleased with her trip. She giggled about Dave & Alan asking where the 2 of you were going each morning and that the answer was no where. She loved visiting and making the quilts.

Fox said...

I'm glad you took some pictures to prove she really came all that way. I love that she brought her own bowl.

Jenilyn said...

Oh what a beautiful quilt. I'm sure whoever it belongs to is super lucky and has good taste. ;)